Energy Tips to Save You Money
New Zealand regularly tops polls of the most livable countries in the world. This is because of the climate, quality of life and low crime rate. Many people who move to New Zealand choose Auckland because of it's booming job and housing market. Like every other city in every other country of the world, people in Auckland are becoming more aware of simple power saving strategies they can implement in their homes and offices. Being energy efficient not only helps the environment but saves you money as well.
Here are some of the easiest ways you can make your home or office as energy efficient a possible:
1. When your turn your AC on, close all your exterior doors and windows. Also, switch off your kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans.
2. Make an effort to change or clean the filters of your AC at least once a month so that your AC keeps working to its best capacity.
3. Always ensure that the heat pumps in Auckland
for your home or office are in good working order, otherwise they will consume more energy than what is otherwise required.
4. Keep your interior doors opened during the day so that cool air continues flowing inside your home or apartment.
5. Insulate your flooring with rugs or carpets. This will help maintain the temperature inside the rooms and retaining the heat.
6. Use a energy efficient heating source for those cooler winter months. Heat pump installation
are one of the best ways to heat your Auckland home, as they are energy efficient and affordable to run.
7. Set your refrigerator temperature to 18c.
8. Never keep your freezer empty or it will consume more energy.
9. There are a wide range of energy-friendly appliances available on the market today. If you are upgrading your appliances choose the best energy saving ones you can afford as they will reduce your power consumption and electricity bills in the long run.
10. Only use your dishwasher when it is full and set it to the economy mode to reduce the amount of water and electricity used.
11. Don't leave your devices plugged in once they have been charged and turn off devices like your TV and PC when they are not in use.
If you are looking to improve the energy efficiency of your Auckland home then talk to Varcoe Refrigeration. Their professional technicians provide air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions for homes and businesses throughout Auckland. Their team can advise you on the most suitable make and model of heat pump for your circumstances as well providing a installation and maintenance service as well. Visit their website at www.varcoe.co.nz
for more details of the most popular heat pumps for Auckland homes.
Contact our friendly team to make a booking!